Wednesday, August 3, 2011

New Idea! (again)

So, I am building my documentation as I go along.  (I know - will wonders never cease?)

Anyway - one of the pictures I am using for inspiration shows a lined Entari (robe).  I had just finished writing that I did not have any fabric running around that was light enough and slick enough to act as a lining under the linen, on top of the cotton dress - when I remember this:

I bought a whole bunch of this lovely silk years ago and made most of it into a Palestinian dress that is marvelously comfortable to wear.  There is about 2+ yards that is fringed for a veil, but it just does not work as such, plus I have about a yard and a half left over from the dress itself.


So. . . . . I think I found my lining!!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the colors you have going on. They all seem to work very well together. And I am SO happy the chocolate fabric worked for you! I can't wait to see it on you =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I am very excited to get it together and wear it

    (one of these days) ;o)

    ReplyDelete