Monday, October 31, 2011

oooo - pretty!

Ya know - I just love silk.  Wish I could have more of it  <sigh>

Still chunkin' away at the triangles and dress trim, but needed a bit of break and thought I'd get started on the entari.   Cut out the black linen and then started eye-balling the gray silk that will be the lining. 

The plan is thus - Cut most, if not all of the edging off and move it front opening, around the neck and maybe the bottom;

use the striped part of the silk for the sleeves
and for the top of the lining;


should (?!?!) have enough of the silk left to completely line the linen, with lots showing on the outside (the re-positioned edges) and having the gores slit to flash.

It may seem odd to have the silk inside the linen, but structurally, it makes sense.  The silk is pretty fine and while the linen isn't monstrous, I think it would hang really weird.  Plus, I really like the look of the black with the gray and silver accents


2 comments:

  1. I love, Love, LOVE the silk! And I know it will look amazing with your skin tone. I have a similar project to do with a sari but am turning it into an 11th cent. Byzantine tunica. The Arn Hold costume Goddesses helped me figure out which peices to use where! I think the flash idea is going to work out really well, and I think you are right about the linen. You are so far along! I'm jealous =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    I'm pleased at the progress of the entari, didn't think it would go together as well as it has. Now all I have to figure out is the silly accessory.

    ReplyDelete