Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Some good progress

I have made some very good progress on the entari - so much so that I am behind on my pictures.  ;o)

I had *just* barely enough silk for a complete lining - had to piece together 1 of the side gores, but the fabric didn't mind and it went together very well.



Here's a shapeless mass picture - taken so I could verify that the outfit would work


and another one with the lining sewn in.


this last one has the lining sewn in, the relocated trim pinned and the lining sleeves still attached.


I have decided to flip the sleeves - the silk is just too pretty to hide, but too light to function by itself.  So, I am going to make trumpet shaped sleeves with the silk showing off.  Will try to keep the upper arms narrow to go under the kaftan, but not too narrow to over the dress and gomlek.

I put the entire outfit on just a bit ago (no, you do not get to see yet) and was pleased.  It is incredibly heavy and WON'T be worn during most of the year (holy cow that's a lot of fabric).  But is coming together nicely.

1 comment:

  1. The silk turned out beautiful! I love the idea of flipping the sleeves...and I can bet all that is heavy. How those women did it I have NO idea lol. I am very excited to see it all together!!!

    ReplyDelete