Monday, November 14, 2011

I am SO close to being ALL done. ;o)

A bit of an explanation may be in order - My original plan had been to make the 4 levels, plus extra credit

1) - Gomlek
2) - Dress and Pants
3) - Entari (formal coat)
4) - Accessory (turns out to be a veil and cap)
5) - Kaftan

Well, I still want to make the Kaftan, but at the moment, it hates me.   I gave up fighting it last week and have been devoting my sewing time to the Entari. 

Here's a sleeve





and its reverse
I left the tassles on - may keep them, just for show

I am VERY excited to say that it is almost done.  I have to add under-arm gussets, adjust the lining at the hem and probably add the leftover trim somewhere.

But that, as they say, is that - the requirements of the Challenge will have been met.  ;o)

Now, since I still have some time between now and the end of the Challenge, I have some ideas

The outfit needs a sash desperately - I am still under budget and could weave something.  I have a Cintimani design in mind for my tablet loom.  I could sew something, but will only do that as a last resort

I could still finish the Kaftan, but I think it needs to be redesigned.  The triangles are driving me crazy.  I HATE the way they look and if I am going to handsew 96 of anything, I had better love the end product.


No comments:

Post a Comment