Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Well. . . .

Haven't sewn a stitch.   Bad, I know, but I actually wanted to have a relaxing holiday  ;o)

I did, however, order (received, washed and dried) 3 yrds of black linen for the robe.  I also ordered 2 yrds of sheer white linen, which may or may not be used in the challenge.  I know it is period, but I have serious issues with wimples, veils and such.   Just not my thing.

I have a pattern in my head for the chemise and have a pretty good idea of what it and the dress should look like.  I even know what kind of weave and braid I want to do for trim.  

Now it is just a matter of getting to it.

Ha!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about wimples & veils. I have tried. Honestly. I can do it with middle eastern but put me in a bliaut and it kills me. Although to be fair, none of the veils I have tried with period stuff have been nearly as light and fluffy as dance veils. Maybe that would do the trick...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a silk dancing veil that is just exquisite. Runs from black to purple to royal blue, but I don't care - it really is a joy to wear. Beats the heck out of stiff ol' linen ;)

    ReplyDelete